Thursday, March 14, 2013

Liars, Thieves, Gentlemen...Bastards!


The reaction that greeted the news in this post.


Travels Through Iest, always last with the news. Sometimes living in Australia has it's disadvantages.

It's no secret that I am a huge fan of Scott Lynch and his Gentleman Bastards series. Like many others I have been waiting years to hear the announcement Scott and his publisher Gollancz made public last night.

The Republic of Thieves is finished! The long awaited third book of Locke Lamora's adventures will be released to the public in October of this year. The US version comes out on the 8th of October and the UK release will be 2 short days after on the 10th. I'm currently trying to decide whether to order from overseas or wait until I can get it down here. Hey, I've waited nearly five years, a few more days won't hurt.

I've already read the prologue that Scott has had available on his website for some time and I was also lucky enough to see the first chapter that he sent to a group of fans some years ago. Both were brilliant and up to the high standard readers have come to expect from Scott Lynch.

This is about the best news I could have ever hoped for!

No comments:

Post a Comment